Full Blue Moon
By Tara Sutphen
The Full Blue Moon (Native American) at 10* Libra will culminate, March 31, 2018 5:37am PDT/8:37am EDT/New Zealand April 1, 2018 1:37am (Farmers Almanac).
This Libra Moon is asking us to develop our balance and synch to our abilities. You are to look for what naturally fits to your nature and not add a square peg to a round hole, when it comes to anything you want to do or achieve. This moon and its aspects are all about you coming back to your lovability and congeniality. Your destiny is to flow, if there is a question to any direction, it is not the right answer. We aren’t supposed to know everything, but when we use our inner guidance system. We gain a perspective of going in the right direction over a wrong one. And if we tend toward destructive behavior in any way, that certainly isn’t the right direction. We are constantly need to come back to center, being brave and in resonance no matter the outside circumstances. Allow for Grace. What makes you feel at peace, practice that feeling every day.
*How to become balanced:
PHYSICAL: health and the way we treat our cleanliness, posture, and overall treat our bodies is a part where being balanced. Our body is the most precious gift we have and without it we can’t exist. If we don’t stay healthy we certainly can’t enjoy all the other aspects of life.
2. MENTAL: You want to exercise your mind to keep it working properly. Keep your cognitive abilities sharp. If you don’t take care of your body it will deteriorate, and this can also be true of your mind.
3. EMOTIONAL: Managing our emotions is important. When engaging with our feelings it’s best to work with our intelligence. In this way we learn what we want and how we can be fulfilled. We need always to resolve our feelings and never be irrational. It’s easy to forget how to manage our emotional world.
4.SOCIAL: There is a certain amount of human socializing people need. We learn to treat humankind with courtesy and fairness when we are interacting with each other. Sometimes there are wonderful connections we naturally make. Camaraderie and joy can easily be attained. But how about when dissension or bad feelings come up, those need to be handled and dealt with emotionally. Even if you don’t like to interact with people there is a certain spacial sharing humans need.
5.FINANCES: Whether you are working in a career or a job, it’s important to bring value to your and others lives. We are all a part of a cycle of service to mankind, to ourselves and to our Families. Money is an energetic transference. Learn what your skills are and practice being the best you can be.
6.SPIRITUAL: The relationship you create between yourself and the universe. You can fight your life every day or you can come into resonance and be in reverence of all the opportunities and possibilities life has your offer you. If you begin to feel blessed, this will carry into your speaking, your actions and into a better future.
Paragraph+ for each question.
Are you feeling fulfilled
Are you feeling unfulfilled
Are your cognitive abilities sharp
Do you feel balanced
What holds you back…
Where are you most ambitious:
Your career moves:
Compassionate acceptance of yourself
Compassionate acceptance of others
Spending too much time on others and not yourself
Spending too much time on yourself and not on others
Forward movement toward positive activities
Forward movement toward negative activities
What do you admire of others:
When regenerating your life what 5 things are you going to do daily
Breathing deeply a few times a day
Drinking more water
Taking a walk
Writing in a Journal
Creating a solution
Saying nice things to people
Waving here or there to people
Enjoying a color
Complimenting your kids
What are you doing now
What job will you have next year
What job will you have in 5 years
What job will you have in 10 years
Do you stay with a career
Do you change careers often
Do you like jobs
Do you like responsibility
Do you like to be a boss
Are you a good boss
Are you a good employee
What makes you happy
When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up
What is your career
What is your self confidence
What is your earning potential
What is your verve for life
Are you a winner
Are you sometimes winning
Are you winning yet losing
Are you losing but close to winning
What could make you win
What could make you content
What could make you happy
To be content: Follow your dreams, Live in the moment, Be Thankful, If you practice being Happy – then you become happier…
—– “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.”
by C.S Lewis
repost if you want
Month: March 2018
Happy Spring Equinox
Spring Equinox, Ostara, Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox
By Tara Sutphen
• 21st March Spring Equinox marks the mid-point of the Waxing Year, the nights and days are balanced once again; the time when Kore, (Persephone) was believed to have returned from the Underworld where she had ruled throughout the Winter. The spark of light, born at Winter Solstice has reached maturity, and from here onwards, the days progressively grow longer than the nights. Western culture proclaims this the first day of Spring.Older traditions called the Spring Equinox, Ostara; the time of the festivals of the Grecian Goddess, Eostre, and the Germanic Ostara, both fertility Goddesses of Dawn. These influenced the naming of the modern-day Easter Holiday. New greenery bursts forth from sleeping seeds in the countryside, as metaphorically, pagans also plant their own seeds for future goals, future projects and growth at this time.Decorated eggs, being symbols of fertility are symbolic of Ostara. In days gone, Europeans gave gifts of decorated eggs to new brides, in the hope that they would bear many children. Similarly, bowls filled with eggs were given to farm workers by the farmer’s wife, to ensure a rich harvest. Most all cultures see the egg as a symbol of Life; the actual home of the Soul. In Russia, decorated eggs are still given as gifts to loved ones and buried in graves to ensure rebirth. The women gathered the eggs only from hens which were around a rooster and decorated them, allowing no one to watch them work as they transferred the goodness of the household to the designs on the eggs, thus keeping evil away. Dyes were mixed to secret family recipes and special blessings placed on each egg.
Colors of Ostara Eggs:
• Wisdom, a successful Harvest, or Spirituality
• Spring, rebirth, wealth, youth, growth, happiness
• Good health, clear skies
• Power endurance, ambition, courage
• Happiness, hope, passion, nobility, bravery, enthusiasm, love
• Enrichment, good harvest, happiness
• Faith, trust, power
• Success, friendship, love
• The custom of eating Hot Cross Buns also has pagan origins. The Saxons ate buns that were marked with a cross in honor of Eostre; Ancient Greeks consumed these types of buns in their celebrations of Artemis, Goddess of the hunt, and the Egyptians ate a similar cake in their worship of the Goddess Isis.
• There are conflicting ideas as to what the cross symbol represents. One suggestion is that it is a Christianisation of horn symbols that were stamped on cakes to represent an ox, which used to be sacrificed at the time of the Spring Equinox. Another theory relates to Moon worship; the bun representing the full Moon, and the cross, its four quarters. Christianity gave new meanings to the symbolism of the buns, saying the cross represented the Crucifixion Cross. Thus, superstitions arose crediting these buns as being charms against evil, so after Good Friday, people would save one or two of them to hang in their homes as amulets. During the festival season and indeed, for a long time afterwards, fishermen would carry these Easter buns in their boats, for protection.
• The Spring Equinox defines the season where Spring reaches it’s peak, with the powers of light increasing. The God of Light, (Llew), now gains victory over his twin, the God of Darkness. Llew was reborn at the Winter Solstice and is now old and strong enough to vanquish his rival twin and mate with his Mother Goddess. The great Mother Goddess, who returned to her Virgin aspect at Imbolc, welcomes the young Sun God’s attentions and conceives a child. The child will be born nine months from now, at the next Winter Solstice, when the cycle closes, only to begin anew.
• The Easter Bunny is another symbol which has obvious links to fertility, rebirth, and the abundance of life which is evident in Spring.
• Eostre was a playful Goddess whose reign over the earth began in Spring when the Sun King journeyed across the sky in his chariot, bringing the end of Winter. Eostre came down to Earth then, appearing as a beautiful maiden with a basket of bright colorful eggs. Eostre’s magical companion was a rabbit who accompanied her as she brought new life to dying plants and flowers by hiding the eggs in the fields.
• Dairy foods
• Leafy Green Vegetables
• Nuts such as Pumpkin
• Hot Cross Buns
• Flower Dishes
Herbs and Flowers
• spring flowers.
Hot Cross Buns
1/4 cup apple juice, beer or rum
1 cup raisins, dried currants, or dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups milk
3 large eggs, 1 separated
6 tablespoons soft butter
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
4 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup & 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
4 teaspoons milk
2 3/4 cups flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup beer or apple juice
1 tablespoon butter
2 1/2 tablespoon honey
9×5 Bread Pan
Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast
Beer or Apple juice and other ingredients
warm the beer/ingredients on the stove.
Add egg last – cover & let raise 30 mins.
Kneed on flour surface, cover & let raise another 20 mins
Grease pan: place in pan, cover & let “another” 20 mins
Lavender Goat Cheese Figs
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/4 cup goat cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried lavender
1/2 tablespoons honey
cut figs in half, spoon in cheese/lavender mixture
***repost if you want
ps. Happy Fall Equinox to the Southern Hemisphere –
Tara is in New Zealand until Late April 2018
If you would like a session or attend seminars:
Please contact: +64 021 162 4445