This Scorpio New Moon is about using the voice correctly and planning, journaling, practicing on what we want to create for the month. Scorpio is about being in touch with feelings that we hide from ourselves and others. It is deep introspection allowing change for your personal know-how list of things to do. We aren’t to wallow in sentimentality but really seek what would make any situation better. We find solace and solutions to our mental and physical health, others health, and well-being. Deep contemplation gives answers to blocks and allows us to know about negative delusion. We can delude ourselves in all sorts of traps. But we can change it easily, mostly through adjustments of how we treat ourselves and others. Contemplating what change needs to happen. This introspection gives us a plan to put into effect. Scorpio brings excitement, surprises and changes, they will be fast coming with no warning. #tarasutphen #tarasinsight #meditation #hypnotherapist #readings Taraappointment@gmail.com
By Tara Sutphen
Autumn Equinox, 2nd Harvest, September 20/21/22 September 22, 2018 (Almanac)
Mabon, (pronounced MAY-bun, MAY-bone, MAH-boon, or MAH-bawn) is the Autumn Equinox. The Autumn Equinox divides the day and night equally, and we all take a moment to pay our respects to the impending dark. We also give thanks to the waning sunlight, as we store our harvest of this year’s crops. The Druids call this celebration, Mea’n Fo’mhair, and honor the The Green Man, the God of the Forest, by offering libations to trees. Offerings of ciders, wines, herbs and fertilizer are appropriate at this time. Wiccans celebrate the aging Goddess as she passes from Mother to Crone, and her consort the God as he prepares for death and re-birth.
Various other names for this Lesser Wiccan Sabbat are The Second Harvest Festival, Wine Harvest, Feast of Avalon, Equinozio di Autunno (Strega), Alben Elfed (Caledonii), or Cornucopia. The Teutonic name, Winter Finding, spans a period of time from the Sabbat to Oct. 15th, Winter’s Night, which is the Norse New Year.
At this festival it is appropriate to wear all of your finery and dine and celebrate in a lavish setting. It is the drawing to and of family as we prepare for the winding down of the year at Samhain. It is a time to finish old business as we ready for a period of rest, relaxation, and reflection.
Symbolism of Mabon:
– Second Harvest, the Mysteries, Equality and Balance.
Symbols of Mabon:
– Wine, gourds, pine cones, acorns, grains, corn, apples, pomegranates, vines such as ivy, dried seeds, and horns of plenty.
Herbs of Maybon:
– Acorn, benzoin, ferns, grains, honeysuckle, marigold, milkweed, myrrh, passionflower, rose, sage, solomon’s seal, tobacco, thistle, and vegetables.
Foods of Mabon:
– Breads, nuts, apples, pomegranates, and vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions.
Incense of Mabon:
– Autumn Blend-benzoin, myrrh, and sage.
Colors of Mabon:
– Red, orange, russet, maroon, brown, and gold.
Stones of Mabon:
– Sapphire, lapis lazuli, and yellow agates.
Activities of Mabon:
– Making wine, gathering dried herbs, plants, seeds and seed pods, walking in the woods, scattering offerings in harvested fields, offering libations to
trees, adorning burial sites with leaves, acorns, and pine cones to honor those who have passed over.
Spellworkings of Mabon:
– Protection, prosperity, security, and self-confidence. Also those of harmony and balance.
Deities of Mabon:
– Goddesses-Modron, Morgan, Epona, Persephone, Pamona and the Muses. Gods-Mabon, Thoth, Thor, Hermes, and The Green Man.
Mabon is considered a time of the Mysteries. It is a time to honor Aging Deities and the Spirit World. Considered a time of balance, it is when we stop and relax and enjoy the fruits of our personal harvests, whether they be from toiling in our gardens, working at our jobs, raising our families, or just coping with the hussle-bussle of everyday life. May your Mabon be memorable, and your hearts and spirits be filled to overflowing!
Repost if you want
Sessions & Seminars
Happy 18* Leo New Moon & Partial Eclipse. The eclipse ‘gift’ today is power of expression, used wisely this month to bring your ideas to workable solutions.
Meditate: with✨Tourmaline, which can be a combination of pink and green. Tourmaline soothes the heart and counters anger or resentment. It assists with calming the mind and the emotions, allowing us to release stress.
#newmoon #leonewmoon #powerofexpression #Ideas #solutions #hypnotherapy #readings #tarasutphen #transformationswithtara #tarainsight #iheartradio #spotify #ctrnetwork #tourmaline #crystals #meditation #comemeditatewithme #radio #eclipse @tara_insight
Full Blood Buck Moon
By Tara Sutphen
The Full Blood Buck Moon at 4* Aquarius will culminate July 27, 2018 1:20pm pdt/4:20 edt (almanac). The current phase of the moon is a Waxing Gibbous (97.9% illuminated), 13.4 days old and at a distance of 405039 Km (251680 Miles).
With this Full Blood Buck Moon there is a Total Lunar eclipse and in opposition to Mars. The Red Planet will appear brightest from July 27-31, as it makes its closest approach to Earth in 15 years. Mars will be a mere 36 million miles from Earth. When meditating with a lunar eclipse contemplate upon releasing an ailment, problems or controversy. it’s better to make the choice then allowing the universe to make your decisions. We make an effort to set our personal intentions.
The Blood Moon is indicative with a lunar eclipse and is a tetrad phase, where the suns light is refracted to appear red on the shadow.
Mars is also at 4* Aquarius and with the red planet accompanying the Blood Moon, it will clearly be quite a celestial event. It also is the longest eclipse so far in the 21st Century.
It is a time to set yourself free from what mentally has been holding you back. We have stamina and sustainment for life and it’s offerings. Looking toward the future, making new plans for your job and home life. Creating specific goals for health and conducive living day to day. You can heal on an in-depth level body, mind and soul. This is a reset button, it’s been a painful process but now it’s time to change course to continue goals and fulfill your purpose.
How to plan ahead:
• Determine what you want
• Pros & Cons
• Detect your Dislikes
• What is Real, Hypothetical, or Dramatic
• Worst case Scenario
• Best case Scenario
• Possible Actions
Write in your journal for the full moon and throughout the month.
· Do you remember your night time dreams?
· Do you pay attention to your daydreams?
· Do you have wishful thinking?
· Do you have expectations?
· Do others have expectations of you?
Are you someone who moves your wishes into action?
· Do you feel you create a plan and easily bring those plans into fruition?
· How do you do it?
· How do you feel when you accomplish what you want?
What areas do you feel accomplishment?
(write a sentence, paragraph or more)
· Eating well
· Good Health
What is your first impression about yourself in these areas?
(write a sentence, paragraph or more)
· Eating well
· Good Health
We get a second chance to gain a burst of energy to make plans and create goals. Determining what we use to like before all the conditioning and programming began, it’s time to readjust and know we’ve been given a break. It’s all viewpoint and we can now head toward our dreams.
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive , and go do it. Because he wold needs people who have come alive. ~Howard Thurman – Theologian (1900-1981)
Within a Native American teepee, a Medicine Woman directs a sacred healing journey. Excerpt: “She pours a small amount of earth into the center of your palm, explaining that Mother Earth will take care of her children if allowed to do so.”
Through touch, she analyzes your state of health. This is followed by pressing points from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet — energizing your body and mind. You’re wrapped in a medicine-soaked warm cloth and experience a chanting, humming ritual. “Experience the rituals and feel the poultices upon your body. They’re drawing out all that you desire to be gone … healing you … healing you.” More rituals are performed, and you will perceive a personal healing message, guided by spirit. 30 Minutes.
TS213 — $10.99 (MP3)
Full Blue Moon
By Tara Sutphen
The Full Blue Moon (Native American) at 10* Libra will culminate, March 31, 2018 5:37am PDT/8:37am EDT/New Zealand April 1, 2018 1:37am (Farmers Almanac).
This Libra Moon is asking us to develop our balance and synch to our abilities. You are to look for what naturally fits to your nature and not add a square peg to a round hole, when it comes to anything you want to do or achieve. This moon and its aspects are all about you coming back to your lovability and congeniality. Your destiny is to flow, if there is a question to any direction, it is not the right answer. We aren’t supposed to know everything, but when we use our inner guidance system. We gain a perspective of going in the right direction over a wrong one. And if we tend toward destructive behavior in any way, that certainly isn’t the right direction. We are constantly need to come back to center, being brave and in resonance no matter the outside circumstances. Allow for Grace. What makes you feel at peace, practice that feeling every day.
*How to become balanced:
PHYSICAL: health and the way we treat our cleanliness, posture, and overall treat our bodies is a part where being balanced. Our body is the most precious gift we have and without it we can’t exist. If we don’t stay healthy we certainly can’t enjoy all the other aspects of life.
2. MENTAL: You want to exercise your mind to keep it working properly. Keep your cognitive abilities sharp. If you don’t take care of your body it will deteriorate, and this can also be true of your mind.
3. EMOTIONAL: Managing our emotions is important. When engaging with our feelings it’s best to work with our intelligence. In this way we learn what we want and how we can be fulfilled. We need always to resolve our feelings and never be irrational. It’s easy to forget how to manage our emotional world.
4.SOCIAL: There is a certain amount of human socializing people need. We learn to treat humankind with courtesy and fairness when we are interacting with each other. Sometimes there are wonderful connections we naturally make. Camaraderie and joy can easily be attained. But how about when dissension or bad feelings come up, those need to be handled and dealt with emotionally. Even if you don’t like to interact with people there is a certain spacial sharing humans need.
5.FINANCES: Whether you are working in a career or a job, it’s important to bring value to your and others lives. We are all a part of a cycle of service to mankind, to ourselves and to our Families. Money is an energetic transference. Learn what your skills are and practice being the best you can be.
6.SPIRITUAL: The relationship you create between yourself and the universe. You can fight your life every day or you can come into resonance and be in reverence of all the opportunities and possibilities life has your offer you. If you begin to feel blessed, this will carry into your speaking, your actions and into a better future.
Paragraph+ for each question.
Are you feeling fulfilled
Are you feeling unfulfilled
Are your cognitive abilities sharp
Do you feel balanced
What holds you back…
Where are you most ambitious:
Your career moves:
Compassionate acceptance of yourself
Compassionate acceptance of others
Spending too much time on others and not yourself
Spending too much time on yourself and not on others
Forward movement toward positive activities
Forward movement toward negative activities
What do you admire of others:
When regenerating your life what 5 things are you going to do daily
Breathing deeply a few times a day
Drinking more water
Taking a walk
Writing in a Journal
Creating a solution
Saying nice things to people
Waving here or there to people
Enjoying a color
Complimenting your kids
What are you doing now
What job will you have next year
What job will you have in 5 years
What job will you have in 10 years
Do you stay with a career
Do you change careers often
Do you like jobs
Do you like responsibility
Do you like to be a boss
Are you a good boss
Are you a good employee
What makes you happy
When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up
What is your career
What is your self confidence
What is your earning potential
What is your verve for life
Are you a winner
Are you sometimes winning
Are you winning yet losing
Are you losing but close to winning
What could make you win
What could make you content
What could make you happy
To be content: Follow your dreams, Live in the moment, Be Thankful, If you practice being Happy – then you become happier…
—– “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.”
by C.S Lewis
Spring Equinox, Ostara, Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox
By Tara Sutphen
• 21st March Spring Equinox marks the mid-point of the Waxing Year, the nights and days are balanced once again; the time when Kore, (Persephone) was believed to have returned from the Underworld where she had ruled throughout the Winter. The spark of light, born at Winter Solstice has reached maturity, and from here onwards, the days progressively grow longer than the nights. Western culture proclaims this the first day of Spring.Older traditions called the Spring Equinox, Ostara; the time of the festivals of the Grecian Goddess, Eostre, and the Germanic Ostara, both fertility Goddesses of Dawn. These influenced the naming of the modern-day Easter Holiday. New greenery bursts forth from sleeping seeds in the countryside, as metaphorically, pagans also plant their own seeds for future goals, future projects and growth at this time.Decorated eggs, being symbols of fertility are symbolic of Ostara. In days gone, Europeans gave gifts of decorated eggs to new brides, in the hope that they would bear many children. Similarly, bowls filled with eggs were given to farm workers by the farmer’s wife, to ensure a rich harvest. Most all cultures see the egg as a symbol of Life; the actual home of the Soul. In Russia, decorated eggs are still given as gifts to loved ones and buried in graves to ensure rebirth. The women gathered the eggs only from hens which were around a rooster and decorated them, allowing no one to watch them work as they transferred the goodness of the household to the designs on the eggs, thus keeping evil away. Dyes were mixed to secret family recipes and special blessings placed on each egg.
Colors of Ostara Eggs:
• Wisdom, a successful Harvest, or Spirituality
• Spring, rebirth, wealth, youth, growth, happiness
• Good health, clear skies
• Power endurance, ambition, courage
• Happiness, hope, passion, nobility, bravery, enthusiasm, love
• Enrichment, good harvest, happiness
• Faith, trust, power
• Success, friendship, love
• The custom of eating Hot Cross Buns also has pagan origins. The Saxons ate buns that were marked with a cross in honor of Eostre; Ancient Greeks consumed these types of buns in their celebrations of Artemis, Goddess of the hunt, and the Egyptians ate a similar cake in their worship of the Goddess Isis.
• There are conflicting ideas as to what the cross symbol represents. One suggestion is that it is a Christianisation of horn symbols that were stamped on cakes to represent an ox, which used to be sacrificed at the time of the Spring Equinox. Another theory relates to Moon worship; the bun representing the full Moon, and the cross, its four quarters. Christianity gave new meanings to the symbolism of the buns, saying the cross represented the Crucifixion Cross. Thus, superstitions arose crediting these buns as being charms against evil, so after Good Friday, people would save one or two of them to hang in their homes as amulets. During the festival season and indeed, for a long time afterwards, fishermen would carry these Easter buns in their boats, for protection.
• The Spring Equinox defines the season where Spring reaches it’s peak, with the powers of light increasing. The God of Light, (Llew), now gains victory over his twin, the God of Darkness. Llew was reborn at the Winter Solstice and is now old and strong enough to vanquish his rival twin and mate with his Mother Goddess. The great Mother Goddess, who returned to her Virgin aspect at Imbolc, welcomes the young Sun God’s attentions and conceives a child. The child will be born nine months from now, at the next Winter Solstice, when the cycle closes, only to begin anew.
• The Easter Bunny is another symbol which has obvious links to fertility, rebirth, and the abundance of life which is evident in Spring.
• Eostre was a playful Goddess whose reign over the earth began in Spring when the Sun King journeyed across the sky in his chariot, bringing the end of Winter. Eostre came down to Earth then, appearing as a beautiful maiden with a basket of bright colorful eggs. Eostre’s magical companion was a rabbit who accompanied her as she brought new life to dying plants and flowers by hiding the eggs in the fields.
• Dairy foods
• Leafy Green Vegetables
• Nuts such as Pumpkin
• Hot Cross Buns
• Flower Dishes
Herbs and Flowers
• spring flowers.
Hot Cross Buns
1/4 cup apple juice, beer or rum
1 cup raisins, dried currants, or dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups milk
3 large eggs, 1 separated
6 tablespoons soft butter
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
4 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup & 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
4 teaspoons milk
2 3/4 cups flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup beer or apple juice
1 tablespoon butter
2 1/2 tablespoon honey
9×5 Bread Pan
Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast
Beer or Apple juice and other ingredients
warm the beer/ingredients on the stove.
Add egg last – cover & let raise 30 mins.
Kneed on flour surface, cover & let raise another 20 mins
Grease pan: place in pan, cover & let “another” 20 mins
Lavender Goat Cheese Figs
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/4 cup goat cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried lavender
1/2 tablespoons honey
cut figs in half, spoon in cheese/lavender mixture
***repost if you want
ps. Happy Fall Equinox to the Southern Hemisphere –
Tara is in New Zealand until Late April 2018
If you would like a session or attend seminars:
Please contact: +64 021 162 4445